Clean Energy Target: Transition to a 100% renewable energy system by 2045
- 100% renewable energy used in County operations for electricity.
- Helped launch Silicon Valley Clean Energy.
- Installed of 14.3 megawatts of clean renewable energy producing solar photo-voltaic systems.
- Completed power purchase agreements for 2 MW of renewable solar PV produced electricity, as well as 2qe.6 MW of clean electricity producing Fuel Cells. The savings from these initiatives is estimated to be $11 million over 20 years.
- Renewables for Revenue: Installed six ground-mounted and carport solar photovoltaic systems built at County-owned properties in 2019 with electricity generating capacity of 11.24 megawatts and 20 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of renewable electricity per year.
Hellyer County Park Solar PV Site
Decarbonization of buildings and facilities
- Completed energy efficient lighting retrofits at 1.8 million square feet of County real estate. Over the 15-year lifetimes, these upgrades are projected to reduce electricity usage by over 46 million kilowatt-hours and save the County $5,243,758 in electricity costs.
- Development of a retro-commissioning program that will “tune-up” County building systems to operate in a more efficient manner beginning in 2021.
- 3 FAF managed facilities have received certification under the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system.
- FAF incorporates Green Building Policy 7.14 in all its current planning of new construction projects.